Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Back to business

 

Hi, guys!

It's been a really long time since I last posted here, but a lot of things have happened in the meantime. CRUX came out on January 18th and it's available on Amazon, Nook, Kobo and on many other websites, in e-book and paperback formats. Also, on February 9th, Deea and I organized a little event we called a "book launch", though it was more like a book presentation for the Romanian readers. We chose a pub (and not a local book store as it's usually done), and I thought it would be awesome to do  a screening of the book trailer.


Deea & I

As you might have noticed, there are other people who worked on this and whom, I am proud and happy, to call family and to have had at the book event: Oly Saldinger and Vladimir Belciug. Oly has handled the video and music editing, while Vlad is the voice of Maar in the trailer. I am also thankful and definitely owe George Calin (Deep Central) for lending his help and studio, and provided us with a professional voice recording - an awesome man! Sadly, our distant family, Andrei Marc - the book cover designer and trailer drawing artist - could not be with us, but I'll make sure he will be there for the sequel.


With Vlad (center) & Oly (right)

Last but not least, I want to thank WheelMan Press for turning this project into reality and for their constant support and good advice. Currently, the guys at WheelMan are working on formatting the first CRUX intro story and adding it to the retailers pages. This first episode is called Magic & Madness and it is part of the trilogy that I hope will ease the reader's way into the novel; the stories will be available for FREE and, while the first one will soon be up on the internet, I am half-way through the second and really pleased with the outcome.

At the moment, I am back on my "day job", on the same ship in the same ports of the Caribbean, but taking care of other tasks than last time. I hope I can balance my writing and my duties, and finish HELLBENT before I come back home. Sadly, I realize now that I should have worked more when I was there, but... no point crying over it now. Will try to keep you up to date on the progress and hope this little presentation convinced you to give CRUX a try. It's only 2$ for the e-book version and, if you consider the opinions on Goodreads (and not just take my word on it), it's definitely worth reading!

That's it for me, for now. Oh! Almost forgot: if you're curious about what else I can write, there's a feature of me on Catherine Garnell's blog. I should start working on the rest of that story, shouldn't I? Alright, people! Talk to you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos my long distance friends!! Good to see you both together and the book as well.

    ReplyDelete